Whole Wheat Pancakes - A Weekend Breakfast Treat

0 comments


For your weekend, here's a delicious recipe for whole wheat pancakes. Enjoy these on a weekend morning with some fresh berries and real maple syrup drizzled on top. The recipe made plenty of left overs for a family of three, so I froze the extras, and my husband can take them out and toast them this week for his breakfast.

One note: I cannot remember where I found this recipe, so if anyone by chance happens to know of the original source, please leave a comment and let me know so I can attribute correctly!

WHOLE WHEAT BUTTERMILK PANCAKES

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups buttermilk*
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Butter to grease the pan or skillet

Whisk dry ingredients together. Make a well and add buttermilk and eggs. Stir until just combined, leaving some lumps. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat (or use a griddle). Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and wait until bubbles form, then flip and cook on the other side. (Makes about 16 four-inch pancakes.)

*I used powdered buttermilk (with water added as recommended to liquefy it), but I found this made the batter too runny, so I had to add approx. 1/4 cup more of flour.



Enjoy your weekend!


If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Whole Wheat Pancakes - A Weekend Breakfast Treat"